Monday, March 31, 2008

Been a while...

Sorry guys, I know I’ve been slacking in blogs lately. But here goes the highlights of the last few weeks.

I’ve been going to the gym almost everyday lately, and I usually go with either Lisa, Brandon, Ryan, or Adriana. One day Ryan and I were walking to the gym and we get into a pretty serious conversation about relationships. I couldn’t stop laughing when Ryan tells me not to date a girl that is too intelligent because she will know what I’m planning. So all the slightly slower girls reading this, holla!.

Hm a few weekends ago 16 of us decided to go to Shenzhen and get massages. For $30 U.S., we got 1 ½ hour massages which were pretty bomb and we get to use the facilities. They have hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, ice baths, pools, and the best part, bottomless ice cream and fresh fruit. They gave us arguably the ugliest pajamas in the world, mine were freakin purple. And for some reason, Lisa felt compelled to steal a pair.

It was crazy; we got to pick out the girls for the massage and everything. So Brandon and I get into the room where we have to change from the ugly pajamas into our nundies or disposable underwear. Anyway, we change and sit around patiently for our masseuses. Then all of a sudden in the anticipation, we were all nervous like we were about to lose our virginities or something. We didn’t know whether to lay down, stand up, or just sit on the bed. Awkwardly, the girls walk in and things go well. Anyway, I tried to flirt with my girl but my game had to be translated thru Brandon. Not so successful.

During the massage, I had Brandon ask the girls whether we were better looking than their last clients. Lucky for us, Brandon’s girl had another girl last time. And mine had a big fat guy before, we were golden.

I don’t know why I always have problems in bathrooms but this time was no exception. I’m walking around the facility trying to find an empty shower. Minding my own business, and I am unfortunate enough to find some shameless guy wacking it….in the public showers. Gross (Sorry you had to read this Mom) Despite that, very fun weekend.

So also a few weekends ago, I was lucky enough to take Adriana’s spot on a teaching in China trip. 7 of us got to visit a pretty rural part of China and teach English. Absolutely one of the best experiences of my life. The first day each one of us got to teach a class of 20 students that ranged from 14-16 years old. The kids are adorable and they love American culture. They ask us everything about our lives back in the States and then we played games like Simon Says and Duck Duck Goose. I ended up running into one of my students at the grocery store that night and she ran over to give me a hug. I got to meet her family and take a picture with her. Cutest lil girl ever.

The next day we teamed up into groups of 4 and taught a class of like 20 also. It was a ton of fun, they were a little older so we got to find out more about them. Lina had prepared some music stuff, so we taught them “As Long As You Love Me” by the Backstreet Boys hahaha. They were great kids, but we felt really sad when they asked us when we would come back.

Interesting stuff about the Chinese culture. First, in the games we played with them, if you lose, you have to do some kind of embarrassing punishment. Typically, they go up to the front of the classroom and you have to sing a song or do some kind of dance. Pretty sweet

In other news, LoGalbo, Trent, and Joseph came to visit HK for their Spring Break. It was great seeing the ZBT bros and meeting Joseph. And Meris comes this Thursday with her friends from Bangkok. I’m stoked to see them, so should be an amazing week!

The last major thing I can think of was the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens and the Boat Party this past Friday. Complete shit show. People travel from all around the world to come watch the Rugby Sevens and everyone dresses up. Which is perfect because the theme for the Boat Party was to dress up as Nationalities. New Zealand's Team kicked ass and won the tournament. Our group was lazy and did Army Soldiers. But at the party there was everything from Pirates, to Indians, to Chinamen. It was a lil slow in the beginning, but someone put on an ipod and things picked up quickly.

So because we went to Shenzhen so often to go buy cheap stuff, I made a friend named Mike. Mike is one of the local vendors that sells everything from sunglasses, to watches, to fake dvds. Mike and I have a mutual understanding, I bring my friends and he hooks me up with whatever I need. Anyway, here's a pic of my boy Mike.

Those are the highlights of my travels recently. I promise to post more often.

I'm posting lots of pictures but missing some from teaching in China. We couldn't bring in cameras to the spa so won't have any from there either. We've been partying harder then ever, so will post those instead haha. Will update soon!

Brandon and I = hard.

The Fungster


No Shame.... (Mandy and Eunice)


Yoni - Drunk as hell




Part of the group at Rugby Sevens

Right before the Boat Party

Haha gotta love Dave


The Group from Teaching in China

Pledge Bro!

3 comments:

True said...

lol i sort of hate you a lot right now for posting that god awful picture of me right now even though you asked permission. aww reading your thing about mike made me realize he's gonna be so sad when we stop coming in summer! :(

carmen said...

How about getting your mom a really nice rolex from your friend Mike? :)

Fernando said...

I would have Mom but your voice keeps reminding me not to waste money on things I don't need haha