This past week has been absolutely crazy. Mandy and Tracy both left to Singapore and Taiwan, respectively. Bastards. But it worked out because on last Thursday night, Meris, Abby, Jake, Marney and Natalia all flew in from Bangkok. Continuing the welcoming tradition in Asia, I took them quickly back to my place to drop off their luggage and change, and we all cab it to Tribecca to party. Excited to see them, I proceed to get pretty drunk downing the rest of the water bottle of vodka with Jake in the elevator, bad decisions.
Friday was spent sleeping in because we all felt like crap. As we woke up, we realized that Marney and Abby had lost their passports, ugh. We got a late start and made it just-in-time to catch some Dim Sum, shop a little bit, and then head off to the bars again.
Friday night was spent Bar Hopping in LKF. We met up with Jon and his friends, some of our friends from CUHK, plus a few more girls from Bangkok. This huge group traveled around to Club 97, Fong, Cul-de-sac, and Bar George. A few of us had the bright idea to finally try and make it to MTR it home. For those that don’t know, the MTR is the public subway system here that opens at 5:30am.
So we were done drinking around 4am, but we decide to go have some late night snacks and talk. Around 4:45am we’re all dying. Hardly any of us are awake, but we’re determined to accomplish our goal. Somehow, we finally make it to about 5:20am where we decide to walk over and be the first ones on the MTR. Gotta be efficient you know.
Only to arrive to the freakin’ Central MTR station and realize that we had made a minor mistake. The MTR doesn’t open until 6:07am. Sad to say, we were discouraged by the long journey ahead and decide to cab it home anyway. Good effort guys!
Saturday we met up with Janet and had some fantastic Korean BBQ. Our club promoter friend Ava took us to a new club called I-Lounge. They played some great 90’s flashbacks and had a bar that was actually a fish tank. For some reason, I guess some people got tired of Mm bop and the Backstreet Boys, so we sadly left. We left to Avenue which was much better playing HipHop.
Sunday night I had to leave the Bangkok group in Hong Kong but for a legit excuse, Tiesto. Definitely a memorable night. To begin, part of the Chinese culture (bullshit in my opinion) is that they love to oversell tickets. While we were drinking outside of the club at 7-11, we see a huge crowd start forming outside. We rush over and I pull us through a side entrance and we get to the very front. Next thing we know the bouncers are telling us to leave because the club is at capacity and to try and get a refund.
Obviously, I’m stubborn as shit and want to stay. After standing in the cluster-fuck for about 40 min meanwhile Lisa is trying to seduce every security guard to get us in. Amazingly, her charm prevails and she pulls us in with some random guy that had more power than me =( Sick ass performance by Tiesto, I ended up throw my beater up on stage and got it signed by Tiesto himself. Lisa had an extra shirt, so she did the same thing and got hers signed. And then some dude gave a Mandy a really nice Trucker hat signed by him too, so we all ended up getting his signature! We partied like champions because we destroyed our goals from Friday night. On Friday night we couldn’t make it to the MTR at 6:07am. On the night of Tiesto, we didn’t arrive back to I-house until 8:20am the next morning. 4 nights in a row of heavy drinking, oh god….
The rest of the Bangkok group’s stay was pretty lazy. They did all the touristy stuff like Ocean Park and the Peak, but we took them to Hot Pot on Monday with Eric and Janet from USC DSP. They did LOTS of more shopping and eating until Wednesday night.
Wednesday we saw the horse races which were really fun. Jake, Abby and Lisa were the only three with enough courage to bet. Jake was down about 100 HKD until he won on the last race and barely came up ahead! Lisa won a lil bit and I think Abby might have a lost lil bit. Either way, good times
Their last night in Hong Kong was spent at the world famous, Skitz. Always a good time with an open bar. After a cab fiasco, we finally arrive and start downing drinks. Ryan wanted to go 1-for-1 with me, but that led to his drunken demise. Don’t challenge me hahaha
Anyway, we all miss the Bangkok group here, it was great having them here. The coming week has been insane, 2 Final exams, 3 Final Presentations, and 1 Final Paper. Sweet….
Last Friday we had the Farewell party for the exchange students at CUHK. It was great seeing everyone together one last time before we head out. It’s getting really sad realizing that this coming weekend will be one of the last times I see a lot of these great people. The Fungster was MC and did a great job minus his story relating his foot to a female period. Oh man…. Team America did a drive-by panty throwing at Andrew, was very impressive. There was a touching slideshow and a good dance party (I provided the music for) at the end. And damn it Fungster the songs I chose were better. If you are reading this, you shouldn’t have changed anything =P
After the Farewell, we left for Club 9 to another open bar haha. Oh jesus, I arrived with 43 minutes of open bar. Needless to stay, I downed about 6 ½ Gin & Tonics with Dave before Lisa made me stop and I got sleepy. Fortunately I have great friends, Tracy and Lisa took me home and I made it safely back to throw up in the comfort of my own apartment.
This Friday was the Fungster’s Birthday, so there will be a weekend of celebration. There was lots of drinking, even more dancing, and the best part of all, pictures galore. Expect more facebook albums and possibly a new theme, “Raunchy Tracy Shows All.” Be prepared, this album could possibly change your life lol.
We leave for our China trip on Sunday, get excited.



1 comment:
god your pictures make me look like such a fruitcake... that picture of us holding up the lacy thongs rival's brandon's fairy picture hahah
Post a Comment